Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012![ Edited ]
01-11-2012 05:27 AM - edited 01-11-2012 05:28 AM
Found this forum when I finally decided to pull my head out of my tookus regarding my credit and dump my cash-based existance: this community is a fantastic resource, thank you all!
End goal is to be able to get a mortgage, so raising my score to 640 is pretty much where it's at for the first bar and I hope to reach that by the end of 2012 as a target, Would be fantastic to hit it earlier, but we'll see how things go.
Starting report: one IRS enormous albatross from 2004, a paid CA tax lien, one paid collection (2010), an old secured card that had a sixty day late back on 8/10. Empty file beyond that.
Dec 2011 "Madness"
- opened up two credit cards, one BOA secured, one Orchard bank unsecured
- bought a car mostly for the car loan at an entirely awkard (though expected w/Auto EX of 551) APR
- took a ridiculous unsecured personal loan for short-term cash and another tradeline. Expensive way for an installment tradeline
- Jan: open up another secured card at old credit union
- Jan: take out a secured CD loan 3 year term USAA, cheaper way for installment tradeline
- Jul / Aug (depends on when they report sixth payment): finish off the unsecured personal loan
- Aug/Sep/Oct: depending on current FICO score, pull trigger on refinancing auto loan
- Dec: *maybe* try for an Amex Zync if scores look better, report gets a little cleaner, and mortgage is delayed as I expect
- Ongoing: depending on finances, figure out when to use the long stick to wake the tiger (IRS), might be paid but my documentation has been lackluster this decade
- Ongoing: seeing if I can get that collection removed
Thank you everyone for all your contributions, looking forward to this year!
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge