Established Member
chexxie
Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!
[ Edited ]

Happy New Year all!

I'm a returning challenger. My situation, continuing from last year:

• I've continued my regular payments on Student Loan and Consumer Loan and that's still going well.
  • CC util on my main CC has increased but overall util still fairly low due to CLI
  • 30-day late on one CC from Feb 2008 not negatively affecting score according to My FICO
  • 1 Recent Inquiry (June 2011 for CLI)
  • The Best News: The 1 collection disputed & deleted from EQ & EX (wasn't on TU). This caused my score to jump like 25 points!
  • Scores as of 01/12/12 - EQ: 735 (FICO) | TU: 751 (FICO) | EX: 732 (EX site)
  1. This year, paying off CC and limiting usage is a top priority.
  2. Additionally, I'm trying to put a large dent of my Student Loan debt.

The main reason I'm so concerned with my FICO and Credit situation is for my future.

Nothing big happening now but in a few years when I'm ready to buy a car or a house, this will have paid off.

Goal score for 12/31/12: All 3 in the 760 - 780 Range. :smileyhappy:

testMy FICO: EQ 787 - 01/14 | TU 782 - 9/13 | EX ??? - ?/?
Garden Club: App-free since 7/12
CLW
CLW

I've been a member of myfico.com since 2009.  I've managed credit well, but have too much.  I did get caught in the new credit guidelines that means when you pay a credit card off, they cancel it and then your utilization goes up instead of down. 

Anyone know why different sources have different scores for all the agencies? 

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 669
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Visitor
NJDevilsGirl

Happy to be back in it for 2012!

My goal this year is to finalize my mortgage and pay/keep down all revolving balances.  

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 750

New Visitor
ValFran

Hi Everyone,

I have a son with special needs.  It seems like I just get going with getting my credit score up and something major happens with him and blows me out of the water.  I have a low credit score of 564 and hope to have it over 620 by the end of the year if possible.  If someone has suggestions of what I can do to proactively raising my score please post it.

Thanks,

ValFran

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

New Visitor
bigdaddy737

lets get to work

Bigdaddy737
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

ValFran wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a son with special needs.  It seems like I just get going with getting my credit score up and something major happens with him and blows me out of the water.  I have a low credit score of 564 and hope to have it over 620 by the end of the year if possible.  If someone has suggestions of what I can do to proactively raising my score please post it.

Thanks,

ValFran

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

I will suggest that you visit the Rebuilding Your Credit board for some great advice from folks (like me!) who have been in a bad place financially and who are on different parts of their recovery road.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Valued Member
cuwhite5

My Fico Logo won't show on my page. Can anyone help?

Starting Score: TU 717 EQ 701
Current Score: TU 794 EQ 760 DISCOVER MONTHLY 799 JUNE 2014) 807 TU BARCLAYCARD (JUNE2014)
Goal Score: 800

flippin_awesome

Hello :smileyhappy:

I've been monitoring my credit for quite some time and it's been wonderful to see it rise out of the "everything's in collection" phase of my younger years.  I just got married 3 months ago and chose to use more credit than usual to get some of the things I wanted for the ceremony and reception, but I'm paying it back as quickly as I can.  I'm in a good place right now; all my bills are paid with money to spare.  Here's to another good year! :heart:

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 800

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

cuwhite5 wrote:

My Fico Logo won't show on my page. Can anyone help?

Happy to help.

New Visitor
voodoodoll

I am retired and living on a pension and Social Security.  I never prepared for retirement and have literally no savings or investments.  I am under water on my mortgage, although by only a couple thousand dollars.

I have never been late on a bill and have a Fico score just short of 800.  Unfortunately, I believe I am about to lose my pension to a Chapter 11 filing of my former employer.  I am 67 and in no condition to go back to work...even if here were jobs out there (AND I weren't a senior citizen!).  This is not a very rosy picture but I'll survive, I'm sure.