ETownHome2014
Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Greetings everyone and happy 2012! I am so excited for the new year and ready to get my finances in order. I've been a casual visitor of this forum for almost 5 years now, but today is the day I kick my butt into gear and improve my financial situation. I appreciate all your wisdom and guidance in advance.

Financial Situation

I've never recognized the affect not paying my bills would have on my financial well being. I understood the negative affects, but never recognized them. I figured, I'm young and I'll have time to fix it. Now I'm a 26 year old accountant making a decent salary, but I can't even get approved for a credit card due to my payment history. But I am a firm believer that your past is not an indication of who you are. I am letting go of my old bad habits and getting my credit to where is should be.

Your Goals

I've wanted to own a home since I was in high school. In 2014 I want to buy my first place. My goal is to have a credit score of at least 700 so that I get a great interest rate.

I will meet this goal my regularly paying my bills on time, reviewing my credit report and disputing inaccuracies (already found two major mistakes, hopefully this community can advise me how to dispute) and saving money religiously so that I can have at least a 10% down payment for my house.

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 553
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge