Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012![ Edited ]
01-15-2012 11:07 PM - edited 02-08-2012 01:15 PM
About Me: 28, unemployed (due to budget cuts), college student with student loan debt (currently have a Sallie Mae CO that is more than 180+ that I am working on bringing current)
- No one in my family has good credit nor really any money. I've always maintained good employment with a nice salary until I got laid off. Then payments became late, yadda yadda. My credit was destroyed from the gate because by the time I was 18 family had opened accounts in my name that were unpaid, I had identity theft, etc.
Now (thanks to Suze Orman and you great folks at MyFico) I understand the importance of having your financial house in order - including credit. Now that I am getting older, I want to buy a home (hopefully when I'm 30), be able to secure credit for my business, put myself through grad school.
January 2012 Starting Scores - EQ (591), TU (580), EX (576-BOA Pull)
Goals for 2012
1. Obtain Employment!
2. Get 1 to 2 secured cards to rebuild - COMPLETE
· Actually got approved for a small unsecured Orchard card on 1/13/12
· Signed up for Open Sky secured card 1/20/12
3. Keep util under 6%
4. Make arrangements on my SM loan so that it's not still reporting 180+
5. Raise credit scores to 650
6. PFD 2 accounts -COMPLETE
- RJM - Wachovia, Feb 2012
- Univ Hlth-Medical, Feb 2012
7. GW 2 accounts
- Honda Finance (60-late and CO removed), Feb 2012
Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge