Contributor
fairclok
Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

Hi Barry and Everyone,

First time joining this forum.   Seems very interesting and provides a lot of support and feedback.      I'm looking forward to sharing my challenge with you guys.

My current situation.

Experian - 630

Equifax - 603

Transuntion - 630

Short term goal - 660  (maybe 6 months?    is this possible?)

Long Term goal - 700+ (maybe withing 2 years?  is this possible?)

Up until 2009  I was young and very lazy with paying bills, etc.   I didn't understand the importance of credit.      In January of 2009, I payed off all my debt that was on my credit report as deliquent, etc.    

I kept my auto loan (which is now paid off and was never late on payments 1995-2010)

I kept my school loan, which has $10,000 left - make payments of $200 per month

I have had no credit cards, etc in the past 3 years.   I wanted to get used to living on a budget and pay my bills in real time.        

The accounts that I paid in full in 2009 are still on my credit report as closed, but listed as potentially negative, which i'm know will be there for a minimum of 7 years. 

NOW:

Its now time for me to build my credit.    

I opened a $300 credit card with Orchard Bank.   Have had it for 6 months.    Always pay on time and keep the amount I spend to around $100.    

I also have my shcool loan ($10,000), which has been current since Jan 2009.      Prior to that I was only late twice from Jan 07-Jan 09.    

Otherwise i have no other debt.  

I could really use some advice on how to build my credit in a responisble way.

Goals:

Short term goal - 660  (maybe 6 months?    is this possible?)

Long Term goal - 700+ (maybe withing 2 years?  is this possible?)

Thanks in advance for your help.  

Keith   

Starting Score: Sept. 2012 EX FAKO 601; EQ FICO 603; TU FICO 607
Current Score: Feb 2014 EX FICO 749; EQ FICO 744; TU FICO 763
Goal Score: 760 on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge