Administrator Emeritus
Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

09Lexie wrote:

Ellicel,

Welcome, you are amongst friends!  The missed phone calls are a familiar story.  I'm glad to see that you are tired and are ready to take the first step.  I have learned a lot from the experiences and the suggestions of our fellow rebuilders.  Do not be afraid to ask!  

Lift your head up! You are not a 'dead beat' cause now you want to take control.  I am sure there are others who will give you step by step instructions but for me I would start with gather basics.

1. Get a copy of your 3 credit bureaus- scour it for errors
  2. acknowledge the reason(s) why you are in this situation and ask yourself if you have made a change in handling your finances.  You do not indicate the reason why -that's ok but as long as you know those reasons.
  3. If you havent already done so, review the rebuilding credit forum topic, What steps do I take? Do I Dv? Pfd?

Remember, you are not alone, post often with your updates.  Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Echoing what 09Lexie sadi!  Welcome to the forums Ellicel, and congratualtions on taking an incredibly important first step. Sometimes the first step is the scariest one!