Regular Contributor
PapasWifey
Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013!

mowheat73 wrote:

Greetings,

I am new member to this site.  I have enjoyed the wealth of knowledge found within the forum.  I have been a small business owner since 2001.  Like many, I took a huge hit in 2006 and lost pretty much everything.  Listening to bad counsel, I filed pro-se bankruptcies on three(3) different occasions to save my properties, which in the end I allowed to go into foreclosure.  In 2008, I started all over, and I haven't missed a payment ever since.  However, I am still struggling from low credit scores, (1) identity theft, (2) maxed out credit, (3) escalating student loans.

Ideally, I am joining this forum to get advise on how I should proceed on 5 derogatory items that remain on my credit bureau.

1. 3 dismissed bankruptcy 2006, 2007, 2008

2. Certegy returned check - I have disputed the item and they have replied they do not have a copy on file bc it is electronic.
3. First Premier - Account charged off in 2007, I think
4. Aurora Bank, FSB - mortgage servicer that refuses to provide me with payment history.

2011 Accomplishments

Purchased 2010 Hyundai Genesis

2012 Approvals

GECRB Chevron CL $700

GECRB Walmart CL $600
GECRB JCPenny CL $300

Capital Onke Kohls CL $300

NFCU CL $1000

Denials
Citi Shell Card - reason bankruptcy

Discover - Late Payment
USAA - inquiry, public record, high utilization

2013 Challenges

1. Remove Aurora Bank listing

2. Remove Certegy Listing

3. Settle with First Premier
4. Remove bankruptcies

2013 Goals

1. Pay down all credits cards and keep at 20% utilization

2. Get approved for USAA credit card

3. Get approved for American Express Card

If your FP was CO in 2007, I believe it should be near ready to drop off of your CR. Are you wanting to pay the balance down to improve credit or to just have it paid off and a clear conscious?

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge