Re: I can help, I manage a car dealership
[ Edited ]
04-11-2012 11:45 PM - last edited on 04-12-2012 07:49 AM by llecs
I have read a most of your post, and appreciate your info. I have a question. I am interested in a VW Jetta Sport Wagen TDI, and was quoted 26,500 for the top of the line premium, less the NAV. Has sunroof, and all the other bells and whistles. Basically, the salesman claimed he can get me 1500 back of invoice. So, I am liking what I am hearing, and then he ask me how I would like to take down the car, and I convey I am not sure, I would like to take a look at all 3 options, lease, finance, cash. We can do all if we want, with out contingencies I told him.
So he sends me a credit apply email, and emails me back and says I do not meet the tier A, as I have 696, 697, 705 scores, and to have my wife to run her credit, to possibly help with the tier A rating. So we run my wife's subsequent to my credit check. dddNow its my understanding all I need is one 700 to meet the Tier A correct? If so, why would he ask me to run my wife's, who's credit is all over 700? Now both of us have run our credit, and was dinged.
I understand we need to run our credit to qualify for a loan, but is this not a little overboard? And the sales guy is telling me that I cannot have a copy of the credit report. I am a Realtor, and a Real Estate loan originator, and I am obligated to provide my clients a full credit report with a full report of all their revolving, and derogatory, etc... Isn't the car dealerships obligated to do the same? What if this sales guy is stringing me along, and can't get me the car he claims he has in stock, as we have been working over the phone on a internet sale, and all I have is his word. He was suppose to have a full blown 3 option proposal for me by the end of today, and got nuttin.
I am feeling a bit blown out after the fact he led me to believe he had the sportwagen in stock, and he needed to run my credit to ensure we were good for option #2 finance. But at the end of the day, I got a, yes Mr.. edited, you will have all 3 options by the end of the night, but it never happened. I am starting to believe, my chain has been pulled for one, and after reading your post about when to wheel and deal, perhaps I should wait until the last day of the month.
My question on waiting on this vehicle, is should I, as everyone is telling me this is a rare car, and you cannot find them anywhere. What if this guy lied to me, what are my rights here? One dealership is telling me that there is only 2 around in the area I am in, and the other dealership that ran my credit is claiming they have 6 in stock, 3 that fit my search criteria. Any advice ?
Sorry for bouncing around on issues, might be a little confusing what my issues are. I just want to know my rights now, and if this guy comes back and tells me they sold there cars, and now trying to do a interdealership deal, and now can't get me the car, and already ran my credit, yadi yadi yadi, this is starting to sound a little bit what we call steering in our industry... Call me green and stupid, because I am starting to feel a little naive right about now. If I only had a friend or advocate to walk me through this deal, it would be a piece of mind. A lot of money for this car that we will keep for a long time frankly, and I want to make sure I get the best deal possible. Thanks for your advice.
Edited to make it more readable, and to edit your name.