Moderator Emeritus
webhopper
Re: Beware of SANTANDER Auto Loans

PRC wrote:

I know that a lot of people come here for advice and some are struggling to find car loans and may really need a car BUT a word of CAUTION.  DO NOT GO with Santander.  I will tell you from personal experience..They do not report accurate information to the CRAs, they charge unexplained mystery fees, unexplained late fees, and outrageous interest rates.  They have reported on several accounts (not just mine) 30, 60, 90 day lates even though they were paid on time, and when you call they simply said oh the system said you were late.  They have repossessed cars that were paid up to date  (not mine it was totaled) or that was under a deferment plan (not mine) and they promised it would not hurt them.  I am going to put there name out there on every social networking site I can find.  I am also taking them to small claims court (will keep you posted) and I have the PROOF so I will WIN. 

I just want you to know to please be careful if you decide to use them and honestly DON't use them.  Please post a beware on every social site you can and research this company online before you decide.  You will see SEVERAL Class Action Suits, THOUSANDS of complaints filed against them, this past year alone over 90 to the BBB most unresolved.  PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM. If you do please keep records of EVERYTHING from signing of contract to EVERY payment made, date made, method made, RECORD all calls if any, and by all means PROTECT YOURSELF because they are not doing business for YOUR GOOD!

They were reporting inaccurate info about me even though they never had my loan.  My loan was originally with Citi Auto and the 0 balance loan account was sold to Santander AFTER it was paid off. Guess what, Santander reported a CO in 2010 even though I never had a loan with them and the original loan with Citi was paid off in 2009.  I had my mortgage broker with me on the line calling their "Office of the President"  threatening to sue and recording the phone call, as this inaccurate info was in fact causing me and them financial harm especially if it led to me being denied for a mortgage.   I eventually got a letter from them apologizing for any hardship caused by their "mistake"

With a Rapid Rescore I was able to get their tradeline completely removed from my report by turning in that letter to the rescore company, because I never even had an account with them.   Very Shady People.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge