Valued Contributor
j_casteel
Re: CAPITAL ONE Blank Check Approval 30,000...LTV? HUH?

dhrren wrote:

Good Morning,

First off I LOVE THIS BOARD.  Thanks to you all I went up 80 points in 2 months!

So yesterday I started the car trade in process.  I have 2 seemingly good offers.

In this thread I have questions about the CAPITAL ONE BLANK CHECK PROGRAM.

I applied at their website and had to fax in document but i was approved at a very low APR 5.09-8% depending on vehicle age and up to $30,000.

Can someone please provide me with as much information as possible on what exactly this approval mean and how i can use it?

The biggest concern is LTV.  They said mine is 110%.  What is that?  Something about wholesale?  Car dealer sell retail?!   I am really confused but i want this done by tomorrow.   HELP PLEASE!!! 

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you,

DRH

5.09-8 percent is definitely not a "very low APR"

Like others have stated: trading your vehicle in is causing to immediately have inequity in your new purchase. You can do what you want, but i would wait until you are able to sell your vehicle first and then make the new purchase, or just keep your vehicle pay it off and not have a payment.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4.5k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board