Possibly Replacing My Car![ Edited ]
10-05-2012 06:16 PM - edited 10-05-2012 06:17 PM
I currently drive a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium and I have had it with the car. I am looking of getting something more reliable. The top candidate is the new Toyota Corolla, but I may look at other cars, as well. I will give you my background information and see what are the chances of getting the loan and what I need to do. I am looking at Toyota Financial, but also what are the chances of getting a loan with Kia, Hyundai, Nissan, and others? I am looking at December at the earliest to replace the car. I may, or may not do it. Perhaps car my car may get better (and fixed). Here is my background information:
- I currently hold a $23,000 a year job
- I will be in my current employment for six months by December. My last job, I held for six years and two months. I had a gap of one year and two months between jobs (I feel that this may be a problem)
- My credit scores are: EQ 814, EX 815, TU 795. That could fluctuate a bit
- My current loan was done with a co-signer because I was unemployed when I bought my car.
- My balance on the loan is $8,500. This may go down to $8,200-$8,300 by December.
- My car has 17,000 miles and in above average condition.
- I have no rent (believe it, or not) because I am a caretaker.
- My credit card expenses are no more than 10-15% of the credit limit and I pay my balances off each month.
What other information is needed? How easy (or hard) it is to trade a car with a lien still on it? What is your advice?