MAKE:Hyundai
MODEL:smileyfrustrated:anta Fe
MILEAGE:117
RETAIL/LEASE:Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN:24000
TERM CONTRACTED:72
APR/LEASE RATE:7.5
MONTHLY PAYMENT:429
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:smileyfrustrated:cenario:  94 grand prix was really starting to break down (117,000ish miles) but from my lack of care, was not going to make it..'overheat' needle hitting 260......:smileysad: .Nov 7th- changed theromstate--- nov 8th-needle going no where near half way mark, took it to car shop, looked at the water dripping from the oil stick and another (can't place the name right now) cap from the engine when the mechanic pulled them...getting milky white......knowing I need to get a car...soon! equifax score at that time -723...feeling somewhat secure with getting a loan....nov 8th -approx 9pm get a score alert...eq dropped to 717- (debt too close to credit on revoling cards)....  nov 9th took the plunge anyway- two dealers in mind- Hyundai and kia (with new/used certified cars) if noone wanted me was going to look for the nearest bicycle shop!....Arrived 8:30 am (work third shift), left at approx 1:30 pm with above car!  The strange thing- EX had me at 736:smileysurprised: .....have: military credit card (I'm retired), visa with credit union (who turned me down some months back- that I have been with since 94 or so-wasn't at my current job long enough), sallie mae, and new retail store - were the things that they had on me....needed four credit reference.....plus the discount with working for a car company (not on line) was pretty cool, and of course....last but not least the poor condition my car was in- $500....I expected $5- although the front tires were new, and thermostate cost 300 (parts, labor, flush, etc)...oh i picked up the extended...extended warrenty for $7 extra in my monthly payments....
Message Edited by sulblk27 on 11-14-2008 10:41 AM
Message Edited by sulblk27 on 11-14-2008 10:48 AM