Moderator Emerita
LilMirth
Re: Unable to get Auto loan due to child support arrears.

If getting your child support paid up-to-date isn't an option at this time, perhaps you can work on your wife's credit, getting her to a place where she can obtain a car loan. I know this doesn't give you a quick fix, and I'm sorry that I don't have better advice, but it may be your best bet.

The other option, which may be the most prudent if you absolutely must have another car at this time, is to take the 2k, save a little more, and get a reliable used car until you can get your child support paid in full.

And the final option, obviously, is to just keep sharing (if it's at all a possibility) until you can get your child support paid up to date. That 2k that you've got for a down payment, and the money that you'd have been making to a lender for a new car payment would make a serious dent in that 6k that you're still behind.

Good luck. I really hope that you can find a solution that works for you and your family.

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli