Established Contributor
SoulMaster
Re: HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

Can I ask at what point post BK you applied for your NFCU visa and NavCheck? Day of discharge I opened the secured card from NFCU to build a relationship with them, graduates in a year.. I am gardening until 10/2013 at which point I plan to app for a barclays (following your advice :smileyhappy: ) Thank you so much for your help/advice!

edit: Im just worried as my TU score is so low and I know thats what they pull :/ Hopefully it will rise quick..

18 mo Post-Discharge, my EQ score at the time was 677, according to Score Watch.

I also had a Federal Tax Lien I was paying on at the time.  Both the Flagship and the NavCheck were put in "review" status and they called me to do recons.  For the card, I had to send them last 2 or 4 pay stubs, for the NavCheck I had to send stubs, tax returns and proof that I was paying the IRS.   Card took about 4 days, Navcheck took about 2 weeks.  Both approved @ $5K.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of 8/2/13: EX 710, EQ 691, TU 709, all 3 LP for a Mortgage (TriMerge Report)
Goal Score: 700+ FICO across the board w/ my BK still on there (until 8/2020) - I think they're all already there... haven't had a bank pull a trimerge in quite a while.