Valued Contributor
Scupra
Re: NFCU auto loan question..

hrguy wrote:
Yea lets hope so, I'll find out in August. Word is, if it does not automatically unsecure itself at the 13th month it won't. However some get new cards with Navy and then ask them to graduate it and they do.

But don't be discouraged, there is always an exception to all rules and you could be it. They may just give you that auto loan first, and id say if you have the inquiries to burn and it won't bother you - give em a try at the 6 month mark of discharge or whenever you think you will want the car, but at 6 months or more will give them a history on you with the secured card, plus your scores look good and they will only keep rising with time. Wishing you luck.

Haha, you let me know what happens with yours! Mine will be one year in October. I am going to wait at least a year. The current car is paid off and I just paid to get some repairs done so there is no rush to get out of it. It looks like you waited about 6 months post discharge to app for the Barclays? Congrats on the approval. That is my next planned app, wasn't sure to wait 6 months or 1 year post discharge. Did you get an instant approval or have to recon? Best of luck to you as well!  

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
693 EQ FICO 10/2014
680 TU FICO 09/2014
682 EX FICO 09/2014
$14k NFCU Flagship Sig - $14k NFCU cashRewards Sig - $15k NavChek - $6k Barclay Arrival + - $5k Cap1 Quicksilver - $2.2k Amazon Store