Established Contributor
kjm79
Re: Late Payments after filing but before discharge

I think my bad account was with EX too.  They are counted as a late payment.  When EX offered their scores and reports via MyFico and you went to "Your Credit at A Glance" page of the report, it listed things like past due, length of credit history, and late payments.  My first pull from EX on this site showed 99 late payments.  You can believe that my eyes popped out of my head and my jar hit the keyboard.  After doing my repair work and getting prohibitted lates and co removed, as well as deleting accounts, as of early February I was down to about 10 lates (which are valid and pre bk so I'm GW'ing the heck out of those companies). 

Derogatory notations (which would include a bk) do have less of an impact when they reach two years of age.  Again, I love this site, on the "Understanding Your Fico Score" section on your fico reports, one of the positive factors on my scores is that my public record is 4 years and 4 months old.  I, nor can anyone else, tell you what kind of score change to expect.  There are too many variables, debt utilization, average age of accounts, types of accounts, etc... to give you a number.  However, having said that, if you make all your payments on time and keep your utilization low, and your BK turns two, you should expect to see some increase. 

Starting Score: TU? EQ 585 EX? (12/06) (CH 7 bk 11/04)
Current Score: (5/12) TU 699 (myFICO) TU 709 (WalMart) EQ 690 EX 686 (CC denial 7/11)
Goal Score: 720 Across the Board by Mid 2012
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge