Freedom33
Re: Bankruptcy FAQs

Hi everyone. First, I'd like to say this forum has been so helpful to me and has made me feel less ashamed/depressed about considering filing for bankruptcy. So, thank you!!

I am 99% sure I'm going to file for Ch.7. I have finally come to terms (after many sleepless nights) that I just can't keep struggling paycheck to paycheck paying, payin, paying and getting nowhere. I've paid for years above minimum, strugged on the phone with cc's to lower my interest rates, etc and am getting absolutely nowhere. I'm drowning and finally throwing in the towel and for some reason I'm suprised to find I find some relief. ..I'm in the process of finding the right attorney and have 2 questions:

1. I recently purchased a new car..any info on what happens when I file and what happens w/ a car loan?? Will the loan co. raise my interest rate? Re-possess my car? I have no idea, sorry if I sound ignorant!

2. What's a ballpark rate people have paid for a bankruptcy attorney? I just don't want to get taken advantage of. Am willing to pay for a good attorney but scared too.

Thanks for your support in advance!! :smileywink: