MarineVietVet
Re: What is your post Chap 7 BK Fico?

mf91745 wrote:

Hi All-

This isn't a direct response to the original question but I thought it'd be useful to you all.

The website creditkarma.com gives you your credit score (TransUnion) for free, and lets you simulate changes to your credit score using hypothetical scenarios, including a foreclosure (but not bankruptcy).

I have no relation whatsoever to creditkarma.com, except being a normal user.

My TU credit score per creditkarma is 754, and when I simulated a 90 days late on all accounts plus a foreclosure, my simulated score dropped to 668, which was not as bad as I thought it would be.

-mf91745 

Hi mf091745 and welcome to the forums.

Just in case you're not aware of it neither of the 2 scores offered at CK (TransRisk and VantageScore) are FICO scores and although a few lenders do use VS to make credit decisions the TransRisk score is not used by lenders as far as I know.

To elaborate further about scores no one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. You can get both a TU (Transunion) and EQ (Equifax) here at myFICO. 

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Wal Mart now offers a TU score to those who have their store card and the Discover version.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".