Frequent Contributor
Re: *Help* How does filing work?
[ Edited ]

Hey,

Let me explain my situation. I am 22 years old and I basicly financially ruined myself when I lost my job etc.. I piled up medical bills and got into an accident and was going to get sued by a credit company. I had no choice but to file. I went on legalzoom.com and found an amazing lawyer. I put down 300 bucks to retain my lawyer. I had a autoloan and the car company wanted to try and repo because I was one payment behind and my lawyer did not want me to go through any more hardship so he filed for me! I was so greatful I put down another 250 to pay down my 1000 dollar balance. With my income I qualified for the courts to waive my bk court fees. Now I am on a 50 dollar a month payment plan. He allows me to pay what I can to get by. I still don't have a job but I am greatful for my attorneys help!

edit: not all accounts have to be included but you have to disclose all accounts you have. The courts still have to send your creditors a letter whether you include them or not. They may choose to close your line of credit if they wish whether you include them or not! So beaware.

Also in california, a chapter 7 no asset case discharges all debt no matter if it was included or not just as long it the debt was incurred before the file date.

Last App: 9/16/13
BK Discharge: 6/12
NavyFCU Flagship Visa Sig $10k | NavyFCU nReward Secured $500 | NavChek $5k | Walmart $600 | Capital 1 Quicksilver $750 | Capital 1 Plat $1k | Kays $400 | Amazon $600 | Express $250 |