Regular Contributor
LYNNY47
Re: FICO went from 500 to 590...quick credit card question
I have been rebuilding my credit for over 2 years now.  I have 4 master charge credit cards and 2 store cards and 1 exxon mobile card.  I am working on bringing all my balances down but I like your idea.  I have an account with a credit union and I think I am going to deposit more money into the savings account and then apply for a secured credit card, although I do think if I get my balances low my scores will go up considerable.  Not sure quite what to do.  My scores are EQ 652; EXP 640 and TU 778 but I have a lot of utility on all of them except my Target is at 0 and my Sams is at 0 and working on the Exxon gas card but that is hard as use it all month and pay the bill off in its entirety but sometimes not good enough so I am thinking I need to pay this every 2 weeks.  My problem is my 4 credit cards.  There is no more then 100-200 available on any one of them.  They have a 550 CL; 800 cl, 1000 cl and 3500.  MyFico report my utility is always the first thing against me so I am thinking if I can get those paid off in the next 6-9 months then my score should rise considerable.  I am trying very hard but in this economy it is really tough. 

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge