Frequent Contributor
Posts: 320
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card
[ Edited ]

concorduser wrote:
Oh well, I called as you all suggested. They asked me to fax a notarized copy of the DL. I did so. They said it is dark. I faxed again. I finally offered to send the orignals in the mail. They wanted me to send more things like pay stubs and all other nine yards. I suggested to cancel my application. I understand being concerned about fraud. But treating people like suspects of criminals is another thing. I have cards with good credit limits from great companies. I have no need to deal with this abuse. I hate to say this. I think Amex is much easier to deal with than Cabela's and Thumbs up to Amex.

I recently had the same experience with Cabelas, wanted me to fax in notarized copy of DL and proof of income.  They are a small bank that only exists for that credit card.  They are probably spooked about the future like everyone else. I decided to skip it.  Oh and...Nordstrom rocks!

Message Edited by manyquestions on 02-09-2009 03:27 PM
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card

concorduser wrote:

... I hate to say this. I think Amex is much easier to deal with than Cabela's and Thumbs up to Amex.

* pauses to pick up books that fell from bookcases and wedding crystal that toppled from the china cabinet and shattered in the 9.0 Richter that occurred when I read this*

After all that AmEx put you through with your Oasis card, you're considering them better? And you're giving them a thumbs up?? Wow! :smileysurprised:

If a card doesn't serve a specific purpose in a written-out plan for credit improvement, I see no reason on earth to apply for it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card

haulingthescoreup wrote:

After all that AmEx put you through with your Oasis card, you're considering them better? And you're giving them a thumbs up?? Wow! :smileysurprised:

As far as I am concerned and how ever much I disagree with Amex and its practises, they kept their end of the bargain with the Oasis Card. I totally understand any credit provider to refuse to approve the application or do not provide credit. I have received probably close to 100 declines in the last 1 1/2 years of my credit building. One thing I dont want to deal with is a paranoya creditor whom you always have to worry and having to go through system where I have to verify where I lived 27 years ago. I think there is a nice way to reject the app and move on. I would not have any problems if my app is declined gracefully instead of putting through agony. May be I grew up in the credit land in the last 18 months and I guess my outlook is different now and I have no hard feelings with any lender or credit provider.

Established Contributor
Posts: 790
Registered: ‎09-09-2008
Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card
I guess if you just buy stuff in their store and apply there for their card, you won't see any difficulties. I think they see their card as a vehicle to bolster their core business. I'm not sure whether they really want all those people who just get their card to play the Fico game.
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card

Ulan wrote:
I guess if you just buy stuff in their store and apply there for their card, you won't see any difficulties. I think they see their card as a vehicle to bolster their core business. I'm not sure whether they really want all those people who just get their card to play the Fico game.

As I said, I have not hurt feelings towards any credit grantor. I have enough cards and I should focus on nurturing the cards I have and it is not worth my time to go through the security requirements for another card.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,699
Registered: ‎08-18-2007
Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card

concorduser wrote:

Ulan wrote:
I guess if you just buy stuff in their store and apply there for their card, you won't see any difficulties. I think they see their card as a vehicle to bolster their core business. I'm not sure whether they really want all those people who just get their card to play the Fico game.

As I said, I have not hurt feelings towards any credit grantor. I have enough cards and I should focus on nurturing the cards I have and it is not worth my time to go through the security requirements for another card.


Wow concord

 

you are into nurturing now.

 

Very nice congrats

Established Contributor
Posts: 790
Registered: ‎09-09-2008
Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card

concorduser wrote:

Ulan wrote:
I guess if you just buy stuff in their store and apply there for their card, you won't see any difficulties. I think they see their card as a vehicle to bolster their core business. I'm not sure whether they really want all those people who just get their card to play the Fico game.

As I said, I have not hurt feelings towards any credit grantor. I have enough cards and I should focus on nurturing the cards I have and it is not worth my time to go through the security requirements for another card.


Sounds good :smileyhappy:. I'm just curious, how many credit cards do you want to have in the end?

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card
I am done. No more Cards. May be next year I look into getting a Line of Credit.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 16,374
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card

concorduser wrote:
I am done. No more Cards. May be next year I look into getting a Line of Credit.

Do you really mean it? Shall I pin your post at the top of the forum.:smileyhappy:

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1, EQ 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Visa ~ CITI Dividend Platinum World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Regular Contributor
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎07-13-2008
Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card

Pin the post. It would be the caring and helpful thing to do. If it was my post I would want to see it everytime I logged on this year to help me .

 

CI



fused wrote:

concorduser wrote:
I am done. No more Cards. May be next year I look into getting a Line of Credit.

Do you really mean it? Shall I pin your post at the top of the forum.:smileyhappy: