Frequent Contributor
Re: Nordstrom Card - Cable Card
[ Edited ]

concorduser wrote:
Oh well, I called as you all suggested. They asked me to fax a notarized copy of the DL. I did so. They said it is dark. I faxed again. I finally offered to send the orignals in the mail. They wanted me to send more things like pay stubs and all other nine yards. I suggested to cancel my application. I understand being concerned about fraud. But treating people like suspects of criminals is another thing. I have cards with good credit limits from great companies. I have no need to deal with this abuse. I hate to say this. I think Amex is much easier to deal with than Cabela's and Thumbs up to Amex.

I recently had the same experience with Cabelas, wanted me to fax in notarized copy of DL and proof of income.  They are a small bank that only exists for that credit card.  They are probably spooked about the future like everyone else. I decided to skip it.  Oh and...Nordstrom rocks!

Message Edited by manyquestions on 02-09-2009 03:27 PM
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

concorduser wrote:

... I hate to say this. I think Amex is much easier to deal with than Cabela's and Thumbs up to Amex.

* pauses to pick up books that fell from bookcases and wedding crystal that toppled from the china cabinet and shattered in the 9.0 Richter that occurred when I read this*

After all that AmEx put you through with your Oasis card, you're considering them better? And you're giving them a thumbs up?? Wow! :smileysurprised:

If a card doesn't serve a specific purpose in a written-out plan for credit improvement, I see no reason on earth to apply for it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

After all that AmEx put you through with your Oasis card, you're considering them better? And you're giving them a thumbs up?? Wow! :smileysurprised:

As far as I am concerned and how ever much I disagree with Amex and its practises, they kept their end of the bargain with the Oasis Card. I totally understand any credit provider to refuse to approve the application or do not provide credit. I have received probably close to 100 declines in the last 1 1/2 years of my credit building. One thing I dont want to deal with is a paranoya creditor whom you always have to worry and having to go through system where I have to verify where I lived 27 years ago. I think there is a nice way to reject the app and move on. I would not have any problems if my app is declined gracefully instead of putting through agony. May be I grew up in the credit land in the last 18 months and I guess my outlook is different now and I have no hard feelings with any lender or credit provider.

Established Contributor
I guess if you just buy stuff in their store and apply there for their card, you won't see any difficulties. I think they see their card as a vehicle to bolster their core business. I'm not sure whether they really want all those people who just get their card to play the Fico game.
Super Contributor

Ulan wrote:
I guess if you just buy stuff in their store and apply there for their card, you won't see any difficulties. I think they see their card as a vehicle to bolster their core business. I'm not sure whether they really want all those people who just get their card to play the Fico game.

As I said, I have not hurt feelings towards any credit grantor. I have enough cards and I should focus on nurturing the cards I have and it is not worth my time to go through the security requirements for another card.

Valued Contributor

concorduser wrote:

Ulan wrote:

As I said, I have not hurt feelings towards any credit grantor. I have enough cards and I should focus on nurturing the cards I have and it is not worth my time to go through the security requirements for another card.

Wow concord

you are into nurturing now.

Very nice congrats

Established Contributor

concorduser wrote:

Ulan wrote:

Sounds good :smileyhappy:. I'm just curious, how many credit cards do you want to have in the end?

Super Contributor
I am done. No more Cards. May be next year I look into getting a Line of Credit.
Moderator Emeritus

concorduser wrote:
I am done. No more Cards. May be next year I look into getting a Line of Credit.

Do you really mean it? Shall I pin your post at the top of the forum.:smileyhappy:

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1, EQ 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Visa ~ CITI Dividend Platinum World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Regular Contributor

Pin the post. It would be the caring and helpful thing to do. If it was my post I would want to see it everytime I logged on this year to help me .

CI

fused wrote:

concorduser wrote:

Do you really mean it? Shall I pin your post at the top of the forum.:smileyhappy: