Established Contributor
ChesterPDexter
Re: Capital One not so BK friendly anymore?
[ Edited ]

Who in the world can ever figure them out?  I had a BK discharged in 1/2003.  The only two negative accounts on my report are a CapOne card discharged in that BK (less than $300 balance, and never mind the several other cards I've had with them all paid to the penny as agreed), and a CapOne installment dental loan in which I paid perfectly on all 24 monthly payments except one late in July 2006, which I made up promptly with the next payment.  That late is the bane of my existence, it seems, since it's quoted everywhere as a reason for credit denial.

In fact, I have applied for CapOne cards and loans and been denied due to something like, "negative history with Capital One."

UNTIL a few weeks ago when I was approved for a card.  I have no idea what their formula is, if any, for forgiving and forgetting (there is no forgetting with Capital One but they might move on and give you another chance.)

Message Edited by ChesterPDexter on 02-10-2009 05:33 AM
Message Edited by ChesterPDexter on 02-10-2009 05:34 AM