Established Contributor
cobaltnv
Re: Bank of America $23,500 CLD
Sorry to bring this post back up to the top, but I figured this was as good a place as any to update things. I logged into my AMEX account this morning and saw they have followed suit from BofA as they lowered my CLI from $15k to $13k. Seems like the feds with the results of these "stress tests" are pushing the banks to lower their credit risk.
Cheers 

cobaltnv wrote:

I logged into my BoA account today and saw that I got the dreaded CLD (first time ever). My limit went from $24500 to $12500. I can see why they did this. I do not use this card for much anymore (it used to be my main card a few years ago). I have a netflix charge on it to keep the card active. I did just refinance my house. I wonder if the new mortgage has anything to do with the CLD?? 

A couple of years ago (before i met my FICO friends) I would have called them to cancel the card just out of spite. Now I know better, this is my oldest card by a few years (got it in 1993 when I was 19). So, to the sock drawer with a $15/month netflix charge to keep active. Has anyone had BoA close their account in these situations?  

Based psychic's cld and many others on here with 800+ FICO scores it definitely seems like nobody is safe. 

Oh well, now I will just wait to see if AMEX follows suit. 

Cheers 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score