Valued Member
ksiss
Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!
I just got my worldpoints platinum plus visa from BOA yesterday, and upon activating it I applied for a CLI on their site.  The card orginally had a $5000 CL, however I wanted to take advantage of the 0% Intro APR and buy a new HDTV without bumping my utilization too much.  So considering I have a $8000 CL with my USAA platinum rewards card, I decided to see if I can match that with BOA.  Upon applying yesterday, it told me to expect the increase in my account within 24 hours otherwise I'd get a response explaining why I was rejected within a week or two.  So I checked my account just a few minutes ago, and voila.......CL = $8000.  :smileyvery-happy:

Now I'm wondering if I should've been a little greedier and went for the big $10000.  Oh well......I'll just find solace in the fact that just a little over a year ago I was approved for my first CC.  A Cap1 with a CL of $500 and a 20% APR. :smileytongue:
TU: 766 EQ: 732 EX: 759 in April 08
Scores after securing a motorcycle loan:
TU: 705 EQ: 718 EX: 726 OUCH!!!!!
Established Contributor
bren39
Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!
Way out kool! Feels good doesnt it?:smileyhappy:
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Valued Contributor
netpanther
kewlness. don't be greedy. you are in a good place now.
Valued Contributor
ashabbir1
lol you got a 3000 dollar CLI and I am trying to get limit increase on my BOA secured card by adding more deposit and they declined me:smileyhappy:

Valued Member
OBXFrank
To asha-

BofA will reward 'good behavior' with increases, as long as you pay on time and don't go over your limit.  My initial secured was $500, six months later I got the secured part back, then they bumped me to $1000, and I'm now at $2000 (roughly 12-18 months progress).  So don't worry!  I've had good experiences with them, as well, and I believe it's a card worth waiting for.
Outer Banks Frank

"Success is nothing but luck...Just ask any failure!
Valued Contributor
ashabbir1
Thanks for your reply I have BOA secured card for 4 months. After 2 months I will call them and ask them to convert it to unsecured.

FHRhea
Congrats!
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000

ksiss wrote:
I just got my worldpoints platinum plus visa from BOA yesterday, and upon activating it I applied for a CLI on their site.  The card orginally had a $5000 CL, however I wanted to take advantage of the 0% Intro APR and buy a new HDTV without bumping my utilization too much.  So considering I have a $8000 CL with my USAA platinum rewards card, I decided to see if I can match that with BOA.  Upon applying yesterday, it told me to expect the increase in my account within 24 hours otherwise I'd get a response explaining why I was rejected within a week or two.  So I checked my account just a few minutes ago, and voila.......CL = $8000.  :smileyvery-happy:

Now I'm wondering if I should've been a little greedier and went for the big $10000.  Oh well......I'll just find solace in the fact that just a little over a year ago I was approved for my first CC.  A Cap1 with a CL of $500 and a 20% APR. :smileytongue:

...Same here.  I requested a CLI upon activation recently.  My initial CL was $5,000 and upon activating, I asked for an additional $5,000 and was successful in receiving it -

:smileyvery-happy:  Congratulations!! 

Regular Contributor
NowIcare
Msrn2000 Was your increase instant? Just wondering as I too requested one online and it gave me the 24hr or a letter in the mail statement.
NO SIGNATURE FOR ME
Super Contributor
concorduser
I got 99/500 BOA card. How much time should I wait before I call them ask them to make my card unsecured? Unless the card is unsecured it will not qualify for CLI. I have checking/savings/ira/cd and business accounts with the bank. Would that help me in getting the card goto unsecured status?