Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Re: US Bank CC approval process?

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I decided to take the chance on getting a US Bank cc since I don't have any cc's.  I am doing this only to get the so called mix and get some new credit since I haven't had any in a long time.  I usually just pay cash for everything since I am retired. My question is, I applied on the phone and she said I would hear in 7 - 10 days.  She also set me up with an overdraft since I have my accounts with them.  She said it would all be done under the the same inquiry so I figured why not, since I already did the inquiry.  Is 7 - 10 days typical of how US Bank does this?  Any input by those in the know would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your time.

I'm guessing that the delay is due to the fact that you don't currently have any credit cards, so they don't have any recent revolving history on you on which to base a judgment.

Of course, it could also be that they so rarely get an app from someone without CC's that they wanted to let everyone marvel at you before sending you a card! :smileyvery-happy:

I think you'll be OK. That's a good bank to be with. If they do decline you, I would definitely go the recon route. I think that you and they are well-matched in terms of your conservative approaches to credit, so it's worth some discussion if things don't go smoothly the first time around. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007