Established Member
mrpeabody
Over payment question

By accident I paid the wrong card with my online bill pay. My balance now shows negative $400. It was not a problem. I caught it in time to pay the card with the balance. I was just wondering if I should charge to get rid of the negative balance? I know credit card companies hate when they have to send you a check for overpayment.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Re: Over payment question

mrpeabody wrote:

By accident I paid the wrong card with my online bill pay. My balance now shows negative $400. It was not a problem. I caught it in time to pay the card with the balance. I was just wondering if I should charge to get rid of the negative balance? I know credit card companies hate when they have to send you a check for overpayment.

I would try to use your credit balance rather than have it refunded but I would not be in a rush to do so. If you take too long they will automatically refund you. As long as your account is showing some activity they will probably just let the credit balance sit there, I have intentionally created credit balances and allowed them to sit on my account for several months without an issue.
Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay
Can't you and Sherman take a little trip in the Wayback Machine to fix this?  :smileyvery-happy:   LOL
Super Contributor
DI
Just about every month I always end up with a credit on one or two cards.  This month it's my State Farm card.  I have a $1.20 credit.  I'll use it to buy a .99 cents mp3 song from Amazon.