Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Re: Chase CC Credit Limit Slashed
[ Edited ]

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

It is absolutely not possible for them (or any issuer) to give you an advance notice of a CLD. That's totally unworkable.

I have to argue this point. My banks seem very capable of sending me e-mails when my new charges post, when my payments have been received, when my statements have dropped, when a due date is coming (even though I have nothing due), when they want me to do something stupid like take a nice big cash advance. I don't think it would be that difficult for them to generate an automatic alert that goes out when they mess with my CL's.

In fact, now that I think about it, I've gotten e-mails about CLI's. Odd that they can't do the same for CLD's!

edited to tidy up the quote. CWCID, what on earth do you do with your posts to make them so difficult to quote, without quoting the whole thing??
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 12-11-2009 04:05 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007