Valued Contributor
Jazzzy
Re: Chase CC Credit Limit Slashed

haulingthescoreup wrote:

I have to argue this point. My banks seem very capable of sending me e-mails when my new charges post, when my payments have been received, when my statements have dropped, when a due date is coming (even though I have nothing due), when they want me to do something stupid like take a nice big cash advance. I don't think it would be that difficult for them to generate an automatic alert that goes out when they mess with my CL's.

In fact, now that I think about it, I've gotten e-mails about CLI's. Odd that they can't do the same for CLD's!

Hi hauling....I agree with CWCID. While cc companies obviously CAN give warning of a CLD, they don't for very good reason.

How many people would go out and charge their card to the hilt if they knew there was a decline coming?

How many people would take a cash advance?

How many people would do some very unwise things out of anger that they were being CLD'd? You've read the anger and frustration in these forums. I believe certain cardholders who are on the verge of difficulty will take their Chase card down with them.

That's why they can't give notice.