New Contributor
Want2BDebtFreeNow
Re: 2010 Credit Card Goals

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Want2BDebtFreeNow wrote:

marty56 wrote:
A DMP program will reduce or even eliminate your interest rates and save you money and get you out of debt faster.
I have both Quicken and MS Money. The only problem is that they don't take into consideration when you have multiple aprs within one credit card. I am going to take care of those balances first (in feb) and then follow the plan based on APR.

Not that kind of program. A Debt Management Program. (And not a Debt Settlement Program!)

Most of my CC's already have the new payment application provisions in place. Make sure you understand the T&C's for your accounts and avoid making minimum payments while carrying a large debt load. Your issuers are paying attention to what you're doing!

I am going to pay my bills the old fashion way, I charge I pay. I knew the terms and conditions going in.  It might take me 4 to 5 months longer to pay, but I will have paid every cent that I owe.  In regards to my T&C... At this point I don't care what the credit cards do. If they want to close my accounts because I am paying the minimum then that is up to them. Eventually I will only need 1 or 2 credit cards anyway.  About a year ago, the month after I made a $5k to BofA to bring my balance to $0 they closed my account.  To me its a lose lose situation with CC companies. 

As of 11/14/2012 EQ: 672

5 inqs in the last year - October 25, 2012, July 05, 2012, July 03, 2012, June 18, 2012, February 16, 2012

(Report reads them as 3) Your applications for credit in the past year
3 inquiries

Last account opened June 2012

Average age of your accounts
6 years

Number of your accounts with a missed payment
0 accounts

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits
82% (Ouch)