Super Contributor
concorduser
What is WAMU policy on Providian Chargeoffs
How does wamu treat the people who had an earlier charge off with providian but settled with CA and paid it. Does it make them eligible for a new card with wamu? I had a providian charge off that I paid it to the CA.Should I call wamu and ask them? 
New Contributor
Doodah
Re: What is WAMU policy on Providian Chargeoffs
When was the CO? If it remains on your credit report, the answer is NO.
live-learn
my dh had a co with providian and gets pre-approved offers bi-weekly from WAMU--but we haven't applied.
Super Contributor
concorduser
What about Paid Charge Off. I have paid it after the charge off. Does it make any difference with wamu?
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob
concord, how much was the charge off, did you pif, and how long ago was it?

I would think that the records are still in their system, but I've not seen that question asked before. I think what action a ccc might take varies with each ccc.

Some it would be a kiss of death. Others might be willing to take a chance, if your scores are decent. Just my opinion, though.
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
New Contributor
Doodah
Keep in mind the fact you receive pre-approved offers DOES NOT mean "approval"... read the fine print.
Contributor
tknkrov
DH had providian CO paid in settlement back in early 02 comes off next year and they approved him for WAMU 0% till 3/08 then 9.9% and 1800cl. So it can be done.