Valued Contributor
vish1
Re: Can I take my name off of a joint credit card account?

SMikulski49 wrote:

Hi called her and said for her to take his name off the the accounts, they paid them off right before he moved out and he took the cards. She got a hold of them again and started paying mortgage with them. She said she was gonna go to the bank and will remove him, but im just not sure if the banks will go for that, especially if they have 20,000 balance. I am just not sure if they even do that, remove a name from a joint accout, but if they do, he may have a shot of getting out of this somehow.

If she got hold of the cards again (essentially got duplicate cards from bank/CU) while he had taken away the cards I don't see how she will let him get out of this so easily. I have a feeling that he may have to pay a huge chunk of this 12500 balance.

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)