Valued Contributor
vish1
Re: God I hate Chase...

HopeLives wrote:

It is really very simple.  Chase had two options;

Option A

Choose to be paid IN FULL by General Motors per GM attorney letter, notarized, signed by CFO, with funding shown by GM, and relinquish vehicle to me, to be picked up by GM

OR

Option B

Decline to be PAID IN FULL by General Motors per GM attorney letter, notarized, signed by CFO and sue ME for difference between what they sold it for at auction and what was owed.

In doing so, they DID NOT GET PAID IN FULL AS I FILED BK TO PROTECT MYSELF FROM THESE DOLTS.

Purely, stupid logic on their part.  Very stupid.

vish1 wrote:

I am sorry if I sound crazy, but I am unable to understand what's chase's fault in this? Am I missing something

Though its a personal opinion, but chase was in no contract with GM (they had a contract with you though) and what looks like a simple decision (take money from GM) would probably need a whole lot of legal stuff.

IMO, no matter how stupid their decision looked, Chase took the right business decision. Why would they get into the process of working with you and fulfill all the documentation that GM would want to fulfill before they would pay chase if et al (the fine print thingie).

At the end of the day, the fault was all GMs (neither you nor chase), why won't they trust Chase and pay up first and then get the car?

If you look at the end result, you also took a hit there (primarily because of the fault of GM)

Please don't take any of this personally, its just my opinion.

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)