Mega Contributor
Re: Ever see a credit card refusal like this?

pizzadude wrote:
I wonder if they would shut down my account if I moved to Iowa...

Interesting question....

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Super Contributor

jwduke wrote:
Card Services
P.O. Box 8828
Wilmington, DE 19899-8828

January 21, 2012

RE: Application ID# 31404339

Dear ROGER

Thank you for your recent application for a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware.

We regret that we're unable to approve you for a credit card account due to the following reason(s):

• Because of current regulations, we cannot approve accounts for people using an Iowa address. A credit bureau report was not used in making this determination.

For assistance with any other questions regarding this letter, please contact us at:

Card Services

P.O. Box 8828

Sincerely,

Card Services

I can't get a Barclay's card because I live in Iowa???

Very strange. Is it BOA?

Super Contributor

AndyK wrote:

That's really strange.. the only states I ever remember seeing the additional discolures for on apps are NY, OH and WI. I wonder if there's something in Iowa CC laws they don't like? Or maybe there's a pending lawsuit against them or something so they don't want to deal with Iowa.

Either way, very odd.

There's definitely something pending in their processes about Iowa. Now im curious

Super Contributor

jwduke wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Andy. Wonder if that also applys to L L Bean?

LL Bean is Barclays. Have you ahd the same experience applying for an LL Bean card?

Super Contributor

pizzadude wrote:
Wow that is bizarre ~ I have never heard of the Iowa blacklist.

Is there anything unique there about laws pertaining to credit cards/interest rates, etc.... ??

Me thinking a law specific to Iowa maybe ?

Mega Contributor

CS800 wrote:

jwduke wrote:
Card Services
P.O. Box 8828

January 21, 2012

Dear ROGER

Thank you for your recent application for a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware.

We regret that we're unable to approve you for a credit card account due to the following reason(s):

• Because of current regulations, we cannot approve accounts for people using an Iowa address. A credit bureau report was not used in making this determination.

For assistance with any other questions regarding this letter, please contact us at:

Card Services

P.O. Box 8828

Sincerely,

Card Services

Very strange. Is it BOA?

It's Barclays.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Super Contributor

jwduke wrote:

I googled the refusal reason, seems as there are too many consumer complaints in Iowa, against Barclays Bank US......

Generally the state can have its own little thing that makes business for CCC difficult.

Super Contributor

LS2982 wrote:

fusioncredit wrote:

No need to call...just reviewed the Barclays Rewards Card application and came across this section in terms of conditions page 

About Your Application and This Offer:  Depending on our review of your application and your credit history or if the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we may be unable to open an account for you, or you may receive a World or Platinum card. Platinum benefits differ from World benefits.  You also understand that if your application is approved for an account, the APR and the type of account that you receive will be determined based on your creditworthiness. Please review the materials provided with your Cardmember Agreement for more details. Omission of any information requested on this application may result in a denial of credit.  This offer is available only to applicants who are permanent residents of the United States, with the exception of Iowa and Puerto Rico.This offer may not be available to you if you already have or have had a Credit Card account with us.

Oh wow...........They muct have have like a class action lawsuit or something big against them from Iowa for them to totally deny Iowa residents.

Looks ike it. Pending the lawsuit, I would say a lot of Iowans are on the blacklist.

Mega Contributor

CS800 wrote:

jwduke wrote:

I googled the refusal reason, seems as there are too many consumer complaints in Iowa, against Barclays Bank US......

Generally the state can have its own little thing that makes business for CCC difficult.

I'm curious if it's the state blocking them or Barclay's does not like Iowa for some odd reason.

Starting Score:
Super Contributor

LS2982 wrote:

CS800 wrote:

jwduke wrote:
Card Services
P.O. Box 8828

January 21, 2012

Dear ROGER

Card Services

P.O. Box 8828

Sincerely,

Card Services

Very strange. Is it BOA?

It's Barclays.

Barclays getting tough. Something definitely trigerred that.