Valued Member
jrcred
CC strategy

I brought this up in another thread, but wanted to make it it's own topic to see what people thought.

Here is my situation in a nutshell.....

Current EQ FICO - 647

My last collection is going to be removed, and I will soon have a Cap 1 secured reporting with < 10% utilization.  I also have  a FP card with 0 balance that has been reported for a few months.

The cards on my "wish list" at the moment are:

Amex Zync

Citi Forward

Chase Freedom

Another poster pointed out that Amex would not like the FP card open on my account.  I was hoping to replace it with one of the 3 I wanted to keep long term and close it as soon as I got one, but I'm starting to wonder if I may need another card to bridge the gap.  I'm assuming that if Amex doesn't want to see the FP card, then other prime lenders won't either.

Is there a card I can replace it with that would be doable with my credit profile before going after more prime cards?  I don't want to do another secured card if I can help it, I'm dumping $ into my Cap 1 to raise the credit limit already and don't want to have to do that for 2 cards.  (in the theory that having a higher limit on it will help get higher limits on later cards)

Thanks for any and all suggestions!