Frequent Contributor
OptimasPrime
Re: How Generous is Citi with starting CL's?
[ Edited ]

LS2982 wrote:

OptimasPrime wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting but have been lurking for quite awhile now. I was thinking about adding a Citi (either forward or TY Preferred) to my portfolio as its really the last major lender that I'm missing. Based on my Fico's I'm pretty sure approval wouldn't be an issue. So I guess my question is whether or not anyone has any experience with Citi matching or exceeding cl's of other creditors on existing tradelines? 

Income is a bit of a limiting factor for me as I am currently in grad school. I finish up school in May and have accepted a well paying full time position so it would be best for me to just wait a year increase my existing cl's accordingly and then app for citi but I am a bit impatient. 

I would appreciate the input of anyone was has experience with Citi.Thank you.

This IMO is your best option to get a good or better CL with Citi.

Yeah I think this is what I am going to do. I can do without citi for a little while and will receive a much better starting cl if I wait until spring/summer. Discover is 5% on online shopping (edit- read:Amazon) next quarter anyway which is one of the main things that drew me towards the Citi Forward.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k