Valued Contributor
jamesdwi
Re: Odds of approval? Chase Freedom/United Plus Mileage Explorer

Whitewater08 wrote:

Hey guys,

So I applied for the Freedom this morning and got the dreaded "Your application needs further review" message.  When I called the backdoor number, the service rep said my application was denied due to low available credit and balances over the limit because of my student loans.  I explained to her that I have never had a late or missed payment in 6 years of my loans and that some of them where with Chase.  She said she would reconsider, asked me a few questions about my employment and address and approved me for a low $1000 limit to start off with.  It is a start, so I am happy that I have an adult credit card now :smileyhappy:

How long should I wait to apply for a Cap1 or AmEx Zync card?

Thanks!

After your card hits your report, you can AP for cap1 if you want a low limit rebuilder card. Wait 3 years if you want there prime cards, really not worth it.  For amex Zync or charge cards wait 6 months. For a AMEX revolver you need a year of experience on 2 or more cards. Perhaps apply for a GE backed card after your chase card starts report maybe wait 2-3 months. The walmart card is good, free TU score (for going paperless), and good CLI's ever 4 months. If you get lucky with your score you may even get the Discover version. The Amazon store card is good if you shop for them, 0% interest for 6 or more months with a $150 purchase. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.