Established Contributor
linux007969
Re: Do YOU exaggerate your income when applying?

samanthathewitch wrote:

linux007969 wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

I don't think lenders base credit limits off of your income anyway....  at least it is not a primary concern.  They just don't want to see something like 10k annually or some number that would make paying your bills and staying alive at the same time impossible.

Whats wrong with 10k? I work for a nonprofit right now and make $6,500 as of the end of this year and i have 5 credit cards that u see in my sig. Oh and lieing on a credit application is a federal crime.

Do you have a source/link to the applicable law please?

If you read the apps it basically says if you lie its a crime but here you go: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/legal-consequences-of-lying-on-credit-card-application-f...

samanthathewitch wrote:

linux007969 wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

I don't think lenders base credit limits off of your income anyway....  at least it is not a primary concern.  They just don't want to see something like 10k annually or some number that would make paying your bills and staying alive at the same time impossible.

Whats wrong with 10k? I work for a nonprofit right now and make $6,500 as of the end of this year and i have 5 credit cards that u see in my sig. Oh and lieing on a credit application is a federal crime.

Do you have a source/link to the applicable law please?

if you read the apps it basically says its a crime if you lie on any portion of the app but here you go: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/legal-consequences-of-lying-on-credit-card-application-f...

Discover IT TU Score: 739 as of 4/20/14 | TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 710 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 748 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 - 728
TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 705 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 721 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 -753 |

Capital One QuickSilver MC $4.5K | Amazon $1.8K (CLOSED) | Walmart $5K | Paypal SC w/Debit card $5K (CLOSED) | BOA 123 Cash Rewards Sig $5K | BOA BBR $1K | Discover IT $8.5K | AMEX Sr Green Charge (NPSL) | PNC CashBuilder $1.5K | Paypal Extras MC $6k | PNC Auto Loan $20,038.75 | AMEX SimplyCash Biz CC $3k | BOA Cash Rewards Biz CC $3.5K | Chase Freedom $4.5K |