Super Contributor
CS800
Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012
[ Edited ]

lithium78 wrote:

Tommy5746 wrote:

lithium78 wrote:

Well, I'm still in the garden, but I'm edging toward leaving the garden to get a credit union credit card due to my ongoing unemployment.  It hasn't come to it yet and I've been holding off on any apps because I want to get a mortgage next year, but I've been unemployed for three months now so I have to take every possibility into consideration.  If it becomes necessary, I'd rather have to carry a balance on a high CL, low interest credit union credit card rather than my high interest rewards cards.

I'm still clutching my platinum spade right now, though, and I really don't want to have to lose it. :-(

I wish you the best in finding a job!!

Thanks!  All those politicians who say that unemployed people are just lazy have no idea what they are talking about.  I've been trying to find a job that will pay the bills for 3 months and I've had 7 interviews and no offers.  The competition is so fierce, especially in my field (education), which has faced drastic layoffs over the past four years.  I really want to be careful not to screw up my credit.

That said it all. They don;t know what they are talking about. I have a friend who was in the Radar testing field at Raytheon still unemployed with a Masters Degree. IT's been 8 months for him. He took some additional training on several programs and still nothing. The competition out there is brutal. I think he went to like 12 interviews. I feel for you.

Good luck in your search.