New Contributor
Funk-O-Meter
Chase Freedom CLI RECON success!
[ Edited ]

Decided to join the gardening club yesterday after apping for cards and car shopping but tried for a CLI for my Chase Freedom as my last act before picking up the trowel. I was declined. I'd never tried for a RECON before so just now I figured I had nothing to loose and I'd already wasted a hard pull so I called the backdoor RECON number and the CSR approved me for a 3X CLI to 3K in 10 minutes! I like Chase. A far cry from Orchard/C1 I just kicked to the curb.

Sweet sweet success..

The more I play the credit game the more It intrigues me and the more fun it becomes. And I haven't even started collecting airline miles yet :smileyhappy:

From no credit to EQ 747 in 16 months using info from these forums!

Chase Freedom 3k, Chase Slate 5k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 6.4K Amex Blue Cash 9k, Discover More 5K, Citi Simplicity 3.2k

RIP: Orchard/Cap1 520CL

Fico 726

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy
Re: Chase Freedom CLI RECON success!
Chase Freedom is onw of the best out there!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
New Contributor
Funk-O-Meter

yea except for the high APR... I recommend PIF each month for sure.

Chase Freedom 3k, Chase Slate 5k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 6.4K Amex Blue Cash 9k, Discover More 5K, Citi Simplicity 3.2k

Fico 726

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper
How long have you had the freedom?

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
migliogiorni

Nice, very nice.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Contributor
agforfree5

Contributor
agforfree5

Funk-O-Meter wrote:

Decided to join the gardening club yesterday after apping for cards and car shopping but tried for a CLI for my Chase Freedom as my last act before picking up the trowel. I was declined. I'd never tried for a RECON before so just now I figured I had nothing to loose and I'd already wasted a hard pull so I called the backdoor RECON number and the CSR approved me for a 3X CLI to 3K in 10 minutes! I like Chase. A far cry from Orchard/C1 I just kicked to the curb.

Sweet sweet success..

The more I play the credit game the more It intrigues me and the more fun it becomes. And I haven't even started collecting airline miles yet :smileyhappy:

Funk-O-Meter --

If you dont mind sharing, what did you mention to the rep the get the CLI recon request approved ?

Frequent Contributor
Imua
[ Edited ]

Funk-O-Meter wrote:

yea except for the high APR... I recommend PIF each month for sure.

my chase freedom apr is my lowest at 9.75%

even my new (as of 9/24!) BofA BankAmericard VISA signature has apr of 12.5% (although that is the lowest apr for that card, as the range was 12.5 - 22.5%)

edited to add: congratulations on your CLI!

BofA visa $9.4k ... BofA Cash Rewards visa sig $10k ... Cap 1 Venture1 visa sig $10k ...
Chase Freedom visa $10k ... Macy's $1.5k ... Macy's Amex $5k ... Sam's Club $6.3k
myFICOs as of 3/25/14:...EX=809 .... EQ=802....TU=787
New Contributor
Funk-O-Meter
[ Edited ]

Imua what's your secret to low APR's? Is your score around > 750?

Is there every a chance a CSR could ever lower an APR?

My chase was my first prime card so I understand why I got the highest APR in the range. Before that I just had an $500CL Orchard starter which irronically had the lowest APR I've had at 17%

Regardless of the APR I like to PIF. over the last 3 years I've paid less then $30 in interest over all my cards and that's from running them up on vacation.

What did I tell the CSR? I didn't really make a case at all but to say I saw their points catagory is online shopping and I'd love to be able to use the card this season for holiday shopping. I didn't even bother with "what my other cards CL's are" and all that. It's hillarious to me how I can get the front door CSR on the phone and get immidiatly declined for any help then call a different number, get a "real" CSR and get a 3X CLI! It reminds me that it's a big game that you just have to play. That's fine I like games.

I had the Freedom about 6 months.

Fico 726

Established Contributor
CruzImperial
Congrats on the call. Always nice to hear success recon stories
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |