Established Contributor
Re: Future for Zync holders

Zanarov wrote:

I posted this in the main thread about the Zync cancellation, but it got buried in other speculation.

I was hoping some of the Optima holders could answer this

"Well this drug me out of my lurking hole.... Looks like I got really lucky..couldn't sleep on Friday so I applied for the Zync-and was approved. Just in time! And like others said we now hold super sexy exclusive card :smileytongue: Does anyone know what will happen in regards to the long term for those of us who have it? Will they offer us a PC or will they just keep supporting it. Specifically what happened after previous product discontinuations?"

I read on another forum that Optima holders were offered the chance to upgrade to another product, is this true? And if so given the Zync's reputation as a prime-ish card will they do it again?

I don't recall ever receiving an offer to upgrade my Optima.  I still have an Optima Platinum and they still send me a new Optima card when my current one expires.  I've had the Optima for over 20 years and it earns MR points.  I also added my husband and my son as additional card members so they can earn MR points on their purchases.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Zync might become a "grandfathered" product, much like the Optima card is now.

FICOs: TU08 841 2/9/15 per Barclay; TU98 800 4/8/14; EQ04 769 6/8/14; EQ08 809 3/4/15; EX08 812 3/8/15 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $19.3K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Citi Double Cash $10K; Citi Simplicity Visa $17.3K; Discover IT $24K; Fidelity Amex $25K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $20K; Sallie Mae WMC $17.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $24.5K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K