Established Contributor
Re: Future for Zync holders

Zanarov wrote:

I posted this in the main thread about the Zync cancellation, but it got buried in other speculation.

I was hoping some of the Optima holders could answer this

"Well this drug me out of my lurking hole.... Looks like I got really lucky..couldn't sleep on Friday so I applied for the Zync-and was approved. Just in time! And like others said we now hold super sexy exclusive card Smiley Tongue Does anyone know what will happen in regards to the long term for those of us who have it? Will they offer us a PC or will they just keep supporting it. Specifically what happened after previous product discontinuations?"

I read on another forum that Optima holders were offered the chance to upgrade to another product, is this true? And if so given the Zync's reputation as a prime-ish card will they do it again?

I don't recall ever receiving an offer to upgrade my Optima.  I still have an Optima Platinum and they still send me a new Optima card when my current one expires.  I've had the Optima for over 20 years and it earns MR points.  I also added my husband and my son as additional card members so they can earn MR points on their purchases.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Zync might become a "grandfathered" product, much like the Optima card is now.

FICOs: TU08 841 2/9/15 per Barclay; TU98 800 4/8/14; EQ04 769 6/8/14; EQ08 809 3/4/15; EX08 812 3/8/15 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $19.3K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Citi Double Cash $11.6K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $26.5K; Fidelity Amex $25K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $20K; Sallie Mae WMC $17.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $24.5K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K