Frequent Contributor
Imua
Re: Chase Freedom CLI RECON success!
[ Edited ]

Funk-O-Meter wrote:

Imua what's your secret to low APR's? Is your score around > 750?

Is there every a chance a CSR could ever lower an APR?

My chase was my first prime card so I understand why I got the highest APR in the range. Before that I just had an $500CL Orchard starter which irronically had the lowest APR I've had at 17%

Regardless of the APR I like to PIF. over the last 3 years I've paid less then $30 in interest over all my cards and that's from running them up on vacation.

*snip*

i pulled myFICO scores the day after my BofA BankAmericard was approved - TU=777 , EQ=793.   My quarterly scores form BofA Privacy Assist arrived the next day, and those scores were close to the FICO scores - TU=798 , EQ= 793, and EX=780.  (I pulled the real FICO scores at that time knowing my Privacy Assist scores were coming soon because i wanted to see how close those were to the 'real' FICO scores). 

I have worked very hard to rebuild my credit over the past several years!.  Like you, I PIF all of my cards every month regardless of the APR... but it's nice to know if I HAD to carry a balance for a month or two, I would probably carry it on my lower interest Chase Freedom.  When I started my re-building journey, I vowed to NOT apply for any cards with an AF and I wasn't concerned what my interest rate would be because I vowed to always PIF.

I don't know if CSRs have authority to lower APRs.... maybe someone else can answer that :smileyhappy:

BofA visa $9.4k ... BofA Cash Rewards visa sig $10k ... Cap 1 Venture1 visa sig $10k ...
Chase Freedom visa $10k ... Macy's $1.5k ... Macy's Amex $5k ... Sam's Club $6.3k
myFICOs as of 3/25/14:...EX=809 .... EQ=802....TU=787