Mega Contributor
LS2982
Re: Amazon CLI success! somewhat...

maiden_girl wrote:

Today I decided to call Amazon about my 1k limit on my credit card. I was planning on making a big purchase in a few weeks and I didn't want to go over my limit (I don't even think that's possible with this card). Anyway knowing GE...they typically approve your requested amount...Sooo I requested 3k to bring my total to 4k...major fail as I suspected considering I've only had the card for a month now..they denied me for 4K and told me I'd received a letter stating why. Thinking my call was a complete fail, I chastised myself a great deal for not waiting for that 4th statement to request additonal credit. To my surprise when I logged into my account later today, I noticed my limit was bumped to 2k from 1k...the CSR failed to mention that! Somewhat success with GE Amazon!

CONGRATS!!!

Your account likely got manual reviewed and they were able to still increase you, just not as much as you wanted.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014