Established Contributor
Cdnewmanpac
Re: Costco Amex Backdating?

I started a thread a few weeks ago about my experiences trying to get backdating on a card I had in the 80s. I was initially told that Amex no longer backdates if the card has been inactive >5 years. I was later told they couldn't find my records. I was finally told that old records are archived and only the credit/collections department has access to records that old. CSRs couldn't see it. I eventually was told by a supervisor that he would send a message to that department and if they could find my record, I'd get backdating. I got the backdating (1988), so either they just changed it to get me to stop calling, or they found my record. If this is important to you, you will likely have to call several times (or your mom, really) and be persistent, but polite. Give as many details (what card, when opened, what used for, why closed) as possible. You can also search the archives for numerous other people and the strategies they have used.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.