Established Contributor
MojaveMoon
Re: rebate debit card - use it as credit card payment?
[ Edited ]

RyVision wrote:

Lithium78 is very correct on this, every rebate debit card I've ever received has stated in small print that it could not be used for cash or to make a credit card payment. 

Just so others looking at this thread know the answer.  If curious, the answer can be found in the small print of the rebate or attached paperwork with the card, if not there, on the website they reference to check the balance.

After reading your response, I checked the envelope again -- Good grief, there's also a two page document with legalese in tiny print from top to bottom.

And then in even tinier print than that on the back of the paper that the debit card is pasted to is a disclosure that a $ 3.00 account maintenance fee kicks in after twelves months. On top of that, the front of the rebate card has an expiration date of eleven months from now.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to Verizon and Citi to just print a check that I can take to the bank instead of printing all these legal documents and disclosures and printing a debit card (the debit card even has my name on it) ? There are a total of four separate documents.

On a side note, this was sent from a city with a neat-sounding name: Conshohocken, PA