Mega Contributor
LS2982
Re: Capital One Credit Steps Program

cracksmeup wrote:

I received my Capital One card and was enrolled in the Credit Steps program last October.  As I understood it, as long as the account was kept in good standing, with no lates or anything, I would receive a CLI every 6 months.  I did get one 6 months later, in April.   I just did the online chat thing with a rep from Capital One to find out when they would be putting in the CLI.  He told me that the Credit Steps Program was a one time promotion and that my account was already increased under the promotion in April.  WTH?  Anybody else in this program and received more than one increase?  I'm almost positive that when I received the info about the program in the mail it said every 6 months, not just one.  If it really is only a one time thing then the name needs to be changed to Credit Step, not StepS!

Credit steps is usually 1 CLI, can amount to more if you use it frquently and pay good on it but nothing is set in stone.

Has your credit improved greatly since getting the card last year?

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014