Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems
Posts: 358
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
Capital One card holders...

Earlier I was revieweing my reward programs with Capital One. I already knew my Visa offers 1% cash back on all purchases with a 25% annual bonus, but I just found out that my MasterCard offers 2% back on gas and groceries and 1% back on everything else.

 

Does anyone else have a Capital One card like this? I haven't used the card in months; it's been sock drawered because I thought it had no benefit over my other cards.

Established Contributor
Jlu
Posts: 532
Registered: ‎06-12-2012
Re: Capital One card holders...
what's the name of the card?
Wallet: JP Morgan Select Visa Signature $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Citi ThankYou Premier Visa Signature $5700 | AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card | Barclaycard Visa $5k | Discover IT $10k | Chase Freedom Visa $3k | Capital One Quicksilver $3k | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature $8k | Walmart Store $5k | Amazon Store $10k | Chase Total Checking |
Valued Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 2,768
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
Re: Capital One card holders...

I believe that card no longer exists :smileytongue: 

Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 1500CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems
Posts: 358
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
Re: Capital One card holders...
[ Edited ]

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.

Valued Member
7ate9
Posts: 42
Registered: ‎10-27-2011
Re: Capital One card holders...

SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


I have this card as well. I got it in May 2011 with a $1000 limit, and it "credit stepped" up to $1500 in November of 2011.  I also have a $39 annual fee, which they reimbursed me this past May after it was charged.  I have no real complaint about the card.  I use it quite heavily and PIF before the statement cuts.    Last year I redeemed just over $200 as credit statements.  My last redemption was in April, and so far I've earned about $52 since then.   Maybe ten years from now I'll be one of the lucky ones who gets an auto CLI...LOL


*******************************************************************************
FAKOS: CS 702 (12/04/13) CK: 710 (12/05/13)
FICO: EQ 712 (11/24/13)

Last app: 11/13/2012
Established Member
Schadenfreude
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
Re: Capital One card holders...

 


SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  

Valued Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 2,768
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
Re: Capital One card holders...

Schadenfreude wrote:

 


SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  


Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 

Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 1500CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
Established Member
Schadenfreude
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
Re: Capital One card holders...

jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

 


SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  


Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 


The acceptance letter they sent me said that it's a 50% bonus once a year; is it every year in December, or once a year on the date when you activated the card?

Valued Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 2,768
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
Re: Capital One card holders...

Schadenfreude wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

 


SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  


Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 


The acceptance letter they sent me said that it's a 50% bonus once a year; is it every year in December, or once a year on the date when you activated the card?


You get it on every anniversary of the card :smileytongue: So once a year from the date you activated. 

Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 1500CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
Established Member
Schadenfreude
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
Re: Capital One card holders...
[ Edited ]

jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

 


SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  


Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 


The acceptance letter they sent me said that it's a 50% bonus once a year; is it every year in December, or once a year on the date when you activated the card?


You get it on every anniversary of the card :smileytongue: So once a year from the date you activated. 


Good to know, I'll have to mark that date on the calendar in my phone whenever I receive the card & activate it! Thanks!