Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 3,097
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

I know, this forum makes it even harder to garden.

 

Too much talk of shiny plastic. Since I joined, I have opened an Amex Hhonors and a Chase Freedom.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 3,097
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

Just read the thread title again. Sorry about the change of topic haha.

 

How about niether card? Just put the purchases on a good prime rewards card and pay in full.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?
[ Edited ]

Dustink wrote:

I know, this forum makes it even harder to garden.

 

Too much talk of shiny plastic. Since I joined, I have opened an Amex Hhonors and a Chase Freedom.


I KNOW! I was tempted to apply for AMEX clear..Its not even widely accepted here (in my area) but I was gonna do it JUST for the approval status! AHAHH!

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 3,097
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

maiden_girl wrote:

I KNOW! I was tempted to apply for AMEX clear..Its not even widely accepted here (in my area) but I was gonna do it JUST for the approval status! AHAHH!

 


 

That card looks kinda boring. What do you like about it?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

I KNOW! I was tempted to apply for AMEX clear..Its not even widely accepted here (in my area) but I was gonna do it JUST for the approval status! AHAHH!

 


 

That card looks kinda boring. What do you like about it?


The design. LMAO that's about it. I had been looking at BCE to apply but eh don't really need it.

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 3,097
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

I KNOW! I was tempted to apply for AMEX clear..Its not even widely accepted here (in my area) but I was gonna do it JUST for the approval status! AHAHH!

 


 

That card looks kinda boring. What do you like about it?


The design. LMAO that's about it. I had been looking at BCE to apply but eh don't really need it.

 


How about we both just garden for 6 months.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

I KNOW! I was tempted to apply for AMEX clear..Its not even widely accepted here (in my area) but I was gonna do it JUST for the approval status! AHAHH!

 


 

That card looks kinda boring. What do you like about it?


The design. LMAO that's about it. I had been looking at BCE to apply but eh don't really need it.

 


How about we both just garden for 6 months.

 


Agreed. Lol.

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 3,097
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

I KNOW! I was tempted to apply for AMEX clear..Its not even widely accepted here (in my area) but I was gonna do it JUST for the approval status! AHAHH!

 


 

That card looks kinda boring. What do you like about it?


The design. LMAO that's about it. I had been looking at BCE to apply but eh don't really need it.

 


How about we both just garden for 6 months.

 


Agreed. Lol.

 


What aspects of the Chase Freedom caused you to stray? They approved me for $5k @ 23%, but denied me the interest free period.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Regular Contributor
mkm77
Posts: 155
Registered: ‎08-25-2010
Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?

For me, GE sucks. Have no idea why but I NEVER  get an increase from them other than Care Credit who eventually gave a nice increase. I have had a Lowes card with a $600 CL for 3 years...Will not increase it. Strangly though GE seems to give me a card whenever I apply however. Currently I have 5 cards. Probably ran about 4K minimum through there with no CLI. Home Depot went from 1K to 5 K in 6 months.

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
Re: Lowes or Home Depot - which is better?
[ Edited ]

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Dustink wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

I KNOW! I was tempted to apply for AMEX clear..Its not even widely accepted here (in my area) but I was gonna do it JUST for the approval status! AHAHH!

 


 

That card looks kinda boring. What do you like about it?


The design. LMAO that's about it. I had been looking at BCE to apply but eh don't really need it.

 


How about we both just garden for 6 months.

 


Agreed. Lol.

 


What aspects of the Chase Freedom caused you to stray? They approved me for $5k @ 23%, but denied me the interest free period.

 


Well I had only been app free for 23 days. My inital plan was to wait for UTIL to go down (at 24%) before applying at the end of the year. I really just want to sock drawer my CAP1 card. I really wanted a main prime card that will grow with me and I feel Freedom will do that. Plus they have a nice cash back program. I'm done applying for cards now!! LOL.

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)