Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,551
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
Re: Wally store card to Discover

It seems to be random upgrades.

 

I dont use the card often so maybe thats why plus I havent had it that long.




Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy
Posts: 6,242
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
Re: Wally store card to Discover

I have the new orange one :-D

 

First, I think it depends on your credit score - I got my offer to upgrade with a 670'ish score.

Second, I think it depends on account age- got mine after a full two years of having the Walmart Store Version....

 

third,

 

it's prob very random.

 

Furthermore, my card was usually close to the limit because of using those 0% offers all the time... and then for two or three months, I kept it at a zero balance and I got the upgrade offer. My limit was $2,400 when I got the offer.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Frequent Contributor
Mekitcat
Posts: 260
Registered: ‎06-23-2011
Re: Wally store card to Discover

@flowfaster Thanks!

 

 

@texasman07 I got it postal mail. I also have a $1200 balance on the card.

 

 


@youngandcreditwrthy You have the orange one like the picture? That is awesome if you do!! now I really can't wait for it to come if it will be the orange one!!  :smileyvery-happy:


Starting Score:4/5/11 TU 660 fico, EQ 634 fico, EX 647 (Credit Inform)
Current Score:07/04/12 Myfico TU 690 Walmart fico 702, EQ 660 fico 07/05/12, EX fico 689 06/03/2012 (Amex)
Goal Score: 750+


Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,255
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
Re: Wally store card to Discover

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

I have the new orange one :-D

 

First, I think it depends on your credit score - I got my offer to upgrade with a 670'ish score.

Second, I think it depends on account age- got mine after a full two years of having the Walmart Store Version....

 

third,

 

it's prob very random.

 

Furthermore, my card was usually close to the limit because of using those 0% offers all the time... and then for two or three months, I kept it at a zero balance and I got the upgrade offer. My limit was $2,400 when I got the offer.


i believe its random. since when i apped got 800 store limit. but since i started the walmart fico ive had 740 to now 724(new accounts, inq, etc.)  im assuming if i reconned i could of gotten the discover version oh well. 

 

my question is that when you do upgrade does the store version becomes closed and its a new line? or does it go off the same walmart tl? 

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
New Contributor
creditdreamera
Posts: 65
Registered: ‎09-22-2012
Re: Wally store card to Discover

I think it's random as well. I've had my Wally card for one year, started with 600, and at now sits at $3000. I got my upgrade letter late last month, so I figure it will be here the beginning of November.

EX -682
EQ -658
TU -663
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy
Posts: 6,242
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
Re: Wally store card to Discover
Yep! I have the orange one! It actually looks like a real discover!!:-). I just requested a replacement card and they sent it!
I just got upgraded in May btw. Got a measly $100 cli from $2400, but called uw to get it upped to $5k:-D
@creditnocash- unfortunately, my old store version did close :-( and the new one did report as a new tradeline; however, I noticed no drop in my score, but I did notice an increase in score once I called the uw for a cli to $5k(likely due to lowering of util).

:-)

Worth mentioning that both my BR Visa and Wmt Discover were obtained after 24 months of flawless pmt history on each store version
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,255
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
Re: Wally store card to Discover

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yep! I have the orange one! It actually looks like a real discover!!:-). I just requested a replacement card and they sent it!
I just got upgraded in May btw. Got a measly $100 cli from $2400, but called uw to get it upped to $5k:-D
@creditnocash- unfortunately, my old store version did close :-( and the new one did report as a new tradeline; however, I noticed no drop in my score, but I did notice an increase in score once I called the uw for a cli to $5k(likely due to lowering of util).

:-)

Worth mentioning that both my BR Visa and Wmt Discover were obtained after 24 months of flawless pmt history on each store version

ok thanks. since june ive been trying to keep my util under the 9% i only have 6% reporting at the moment. 425 best buy and the other too i pif that were reporting. now to see how much i can pay off on my 2k card since i put a 64gb iphone 5 upgrade on it =/ luckily no intrest anyway until sep' 13

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
RyVision
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
Re: Wally store card to Discover

 

From everything I remember reading, CS, they usually don't offer the upgrade to WD until at least a year of history with the store card.  I had mine for nearly 3 years (perfect history) before they offered the upgrade this summer.   

 

My CL stayed the same (2300) and although I've called the "luv" auto, it still comes back with not enough history at current credit limit etc (something along that line).

 

Use it and after you hit the year mark they'll most likely upgrade you.  If it's not used for months, I doubt they'll offer the upgrade (don't sock drawer this one if you want the WD offer folks, even if it's only used for 50$ a month).

Established Contributor
JonStur
Posts: 905
Registered: ‎12-25-2010
Re: Wally store card to Discover

I applied a little over a year ago, qualified for Walmart Discover but saw no need for it so I took the regular  store card. Got the upgrade letter about a month and a half ago, haven't decided whether I'll ignore it again or accept it this time...


Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Valued Contributor
armbenderc
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
Re: Wally store card to Discover

JonStur wrote:

I applied a little over a year ago, qualified for Walmart Discover but saw no need for it so I took the regular  store card. Got the upgrade letter about a month and a half ago, haven't decided whether I'll ignore it again or accept it this time...


You can send the letter to me :smileylol:

 

I have been waiting on an upgrade.

 

CL 2.9K (600 starting CL)

UTIL is 8%

about 14 months old.

 

 

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%