Established Contributor
laboi_22
Re: How to Obtain WM Discover

I called the GE underwriting number. Got a nice guy who asked me how he could help. I said that he could help by upgrading my Walmart card to Discover. He said sure thing...I'm like OMG this is awesome!! Then he asked me how much money I needed for an increase. I was like I didn't request an increase. He said I would have to reapply online for the Walmart Discover. I pulled up the application and read him the clause about how GE will decide which card you maybe approved for and will be considered first for the Discover. He said well I don't know then let me get someone in CS. He transfered me. I think get this:

Hello Sir May I know your name (I fought hard not to say something because she then asked may I know your address) OMG she needed a tip that here in America we say what is your name not may I know your name. Anyway same run around you have to reapply. I said well I didn't have to reapply for my Gap card and I currently hold a Gap Visa. What gives. She said well I can transfer you to my manager who will just tell you the same thing. I agreed but after listening to their horrible on hold music and being hungy I decided to hang up. 2 years with the card no chance for upgrades with a CL of $4150 which tells you that I indeed use the card. GE can be bull headed sometimes I tell ya, but love the CLI love every 4 months!!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000