Valued Member
Re: How do I proceed? Garden or do I app for 1 more?

KIPPIE12 wrote:

jeffj25 wrote:

Seems like the consensus is to wait. I guess I have the app itch, but I just feel like I need 1 more to make my collection complete. Is 31% a very high utilization? I did recon the chase card and was declined. I then recon the recon and was again declined. The lady said try again in 4-6 months when all my new accounts report. *sigh* 

Yeah, 31% is high for a new card generally speaking, you want it in the 1-9% range for optimal scoring points.  Anything here on out to 1 year, will more than likely result in denials.  Wait till then, work on the util, and grow the lines you have now. Your scores will be better off in the long run, and the inquiries won't count against you after a year FICO wise

Generally speaking, do creditors care after six months  in regards to inquiries? 

Starting Score: TU - 684 EQ- 639
Current Score: TU- 701 EQ- 715 EX- 701 from AMEX
Goal Score: 750 across the board
In my Wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5K, Chase Freedom - 4.5K, 1FBUSA - 2.4K, Walmart Discover -3K, Blue Sky Amex - 2K, Citi CashReturns - 1.5K, American Express PRG and Zync - NPSL, Delta Skymiles Amex - 1K, Discover More - 1.5K,ValuCity Furniture - 3.5K, CareCredit - 2.3K, A and F - 1.2K, Capital one - 1.25K and $750.